Skip to main content

July 23, 2015

National Hot Dog Day
Hot Dog History
The 10 Best Hot Dog Brands in America
10 Twists on Hot Dogs
Hot Dogs Across America
Hebrew National All American Kosher Hot Dogs

Vanilla Ice Cream Day
In my opinion...
Best?  My Grandpa's Homemade! Here's our family recipe - I have more memories than I can keep track of with the sound of the ice cream maker churning in the garage during family get togethers. YUM!
Vanilla Ice Cream
1 quart half and half
¾ cup sugar
*1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Place in an ice cream maker.
*Could also substitute in peppermint extract and peppermint candy pieces.

Next Best?  Kirkland Vanilla

Best Soft Vanilla in my town?  Rizuto's 

Vanilla is my favorite - it's simple, uncomplicated, and delicious.
Are you a fan or a 'hater' of vanilla?  


Gorgeous Grandma Day









































When I was younger my Grandma Ashley would let me lay on her lap and she would "tickle" my face and back while I was there. Confession: At age 41, I still have days I wish I could lay on her lap and have her do that! *wink*

My Grandma Wells was a square dancer and she had tons of square dancing skirts and I remember spending time at her house playing dress up with those skirts and seeing how far they could twirl out. I loved them!

My Mama is a great, and gorgeous, Grandma. She has invested herself (and my Dad's money - haha) into her grandkids - whether they live down the road from her or across the country.  I am so grateful for my children's Grandma and grateful I can call her Mama.

I hope you have a Grandma person in your life that gives you some good memories.  It doesn't have to be a Grandma by relation, families come to us in all sorts of ways!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships