Skip to main content

Day 329: Same Page

(For Monday July 21)

I am grateful when my husband and I are on the same page.  That may seem kind of like an obvious Gratitude Attitude but it deserves some recognition.  Too often I don't think about how grateful I am to be on the same page with him until we aren't and are at odds.  Then I get grumbly.  And it doesn't have to be all big things, it can be the little things as well - like pizza sauce.  Tonight we were shopping for my cook group meals and pizza sauce was on the list.  We aren't rich, heck we barely hit middle class, but we do our best to be wise consumers of food - i.e. non-GMO, organic, fair trade, etc.  Tough to do but I especially am mindful of it.  I passed by the organic, non-GMO pizza sauce and said I would pick it up at Target where the brand they sell is cheaper - in all ways. Lanny stopped me and said, "No, get the good stuff for you."  This was a moment in which he was on my page with  me and I really felt so grateful.  Partly because it literally costs more to shop this way and Lanny hates spending money.  So for him to jump on my page and agree we should spend a little more for our preferences was huge.  I need to be more grateful for these moments when we are on the same page about anything - be it big or small or in between - and hopefully when we come to a time when our pages aren't the same I can use these times as a springboard to resolve the issue and come together once again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships