Skip to main content

Day 314: Honesty

(For Sunday July 6)

It may seem kind of obvious to be grateful for honesty but I'm not sure I have ever given serious thought to it in this way.  Have you?  I mean, we all appreciate honesty, but have we ever been truly grateful for it?
Yesterday I started a teen girls study with my redheads. They, and us parents with them, are in some traditionally rocky years.  I remember all too well my own teen years and the things that I was tempted by and struggled with.  If I can spare my girls any of it I will do whatever it takes! I didn't know how the study would go, I was hoping they would choose to be honest with me and in front of each other. And to my relief, they both were.  And while sometimes honesty is hard to hear because it can be disappointing or angering or concerning I am so grateful for the honesty my girls had with me.  It helps me to parent them better when I have an idea of what might be simmering below the surface.  And as I think about it, I am always grateful when others are honest with me - even if the honesty is painful.  What about you?  How do you truly feel when people are honest with you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships