Skip to main content

Day 263: Rainbows

Rainbows are starting to appear in our Colorado skies as the weather turns from snow (which we just had 4 days ago) and into rain.  Colorado is one of the most "sunshiniest" states (we land in the top 10) and so chances are good that when we get rain the sun is also shining and creates rainbows. So as rainbows are showing up in our skies I find myself being grateful for their appearance. 1) I am always fascinated by them - especially the double ones and the really bright ones.  2) As cheesy or as "Christianese" as it may sound they do remind me of promises made and kept by the One who made me and keeps me.  Scoff if you want but I know what I know.  Specifically in my 30's God made a lot of promises to me and he has kept every single one.  And he promised in Genesis 9 God sets a rainbow in the skies as a sign that he will stay true to the promise he made to never flood the entire earth again.  So the rainbow is specifically a reminder of God's covenant promise to never flood the whole earth again but when I see it I also know it serves as a reminder that every promise he makes he keeps.  He can't not keep them! Sometimes I forget that and when I see a rainbow I am reminded.  I'm so grateful for God's reminders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships