Skip to main content

Day 249: Out with the old. In with the new!

Today I'm feeling grateful that I have a choice to kick the old to the curb and allow the new to enter in. This Gratitude Attitude for today actually has its beginnings earlier in the week.  The hub and I went on a date. The weather altered his plans for us so Plan B was the furniture store to just look, again, at couches.  We are in desperate need of new couches as the picture I put below will show you. But darn it all if furniture isn't expensive and we need to feed our children! So we've been looking for new couches for a couple of years - no joke.  But a few days ago we decided we were going to bite the bullet and just do it, I can hardly stand to sit on our current set. (Yes, this is a total first world issue.  I'm so aware of how first world it is.) So because we weren't super serious about actually looking or buying the other day we found something!  Of course, that's like Murphy's Law right?  So what the heck am I saying in all of this babbling about the new living room set we got this week?
We had a choice.  We had a choice between old and new. We had the ability to discard the old and bring in something new. We weren't stuck with the old, we had a choice.  And I'm grateful I can discard the old and bring in new - and I'm not talking about just furniture. I'm talking about behaviors, attitudes, emotions, even relationships! I'm grateful that I don't have to just deal with the old Beth but I can kick to the curb what has gone way past it's expiration date and I can allow new into my life.
What about you? Are you grateful for the new in your life? Why or why not?

Here's the old. And the other two pieces of this set looked the same.
Pitiful right? 
And here's the new.  Better right? It rocks (um, literally) AND reclines!
We feel spoiled! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships