Skip to main content

Delighting the heart of God


I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast!  And when I run I feel his pleasure. Eric Liddell

What do you do that causes God pleasure?  What do you do with what he has gifted you with that brings delight to his heart?  He's given each of us something that, when used for him, gives him delight.  My redheads are insanely talented.  One is a legit artist and the other is vocally gifted.  I firmly believe that when they are in the midst of exercising their talents that God is delighted.  I believe that he is thrilled to see what he gifted them with come to life under their commitment to it and bring smiles to the faces of others in the process.  Sometimes when my redheaded artist finishes a piece of work I feel breathless with awe and delight.  Yeah, she's THAT good.  The other night I took the redheaded songbird to a performance of Les Mis and on the way home she was singing one of the pieces.  I was in tears from the beauty of her voice.  So if I am that awed then imagine how much more so God is.  After all, he's the one who gifted them with those particular talents for a purpose we do not yet know.  So what do you do, possess, that delights and brings pleasure to the one who gifted you with it in the first place?  Can you say, as Liddell could, when I fill in the blank I feel his [God's] pleasure? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships