Skip to main content

In This Little Room

It was actually my brother, Paul, who introduced me to my "crush" Steven Curtis Chapman.  He had the More To This Life cassette tape and I stole it.  Yep, I sure did.  :)
So every song on More To This Life is great but a few really grab me.  This song is one of them.  While I don't write songs (and you should all be thankful) and then sing them (and again you all should be thankful) I have always written stories.  All true stories. I gave it go at fiction when I was in 6th grade but the story turned out to be pretty much identical to the book I was reading and since plagiarism is frowned upon I decided to stick with non-fiction.  :) 
So for me I just replace writing songs with writing stories and singing with speaking.  :)  This song perfectly verbalizes my heart about what I write and share with people. It always amazes me and humbles me when someone is moved in some way by what God has me write and share.  It happened again just yesterday and I was just blown away.  People.  It's all God for real 'cause I'm wretched!  And he has me share my wretchedness with others so that he can do a work in my life and whoever reads my stuff. 
So.  Maybe you are curious about my blog?  If so you can check it out by clicking here.  But before you read past the most recent post, which may or may not be very similar to this one you are reading right now...you MUST sign this disclaimer:
If you are going to be a reader of this blog then the following must be agreed upon:
·         You aren’t allowed to hold what I say against me.  This is my blog so it will contain my opinions.  We don’t have to agree but we shouldn’t hold any differing opinions against one another. 
·         You are allowed to disagree with me and tell me you do!  But you aren’t allowed to do it in an attacking way.  I strive to stay attack free in communicating my heart and I pray you will strive for the same. 
·         If something I write about makes you uncomfortable then search for the reason why.  Please don’t run from something uncomfortable.  We have been taught by the world to do that but it only seems to make things worse in the long run.  And believe me when I say that if something I write makes you uncomfortable then there is a really, really good chance it made me the most uncomfortable first!  I only write about where God has been dealing with ME first! 
·         I am a believer in Jesus Christ.  I believe that God created this earth, sent his son to save us from our sins and allow us the opportunity for eternal life with him.  This means I believe I am a sinner and need the salvation that Jesus offered/offers through the cross and the shedding of his blood.  Because I believe this and have for most of my 36 years I will be speaking and writing from that place where my beliefs influence my writings (and Lord willing my life most importantly!).  I won’t always be “preachy” but I am ALWAYS influenced by Jesus.  If you can’t deal with that (please note I didn’t say agree!) then you don't need to read my blog.  :)

And now let us commence with the song for the day.  Blessings! 
In This Little Room

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships