Skip to main content

In The First Light

While the celebration of Christmas may be over the impact of Christmas goes on and influences each day.  My friend Tracy sent me this song and said it was one of her favorites, especially at Christmas time.  I had not heard it until I clicked on the link!  Tracy sent me the one by Travis Cottrell but I noticed that he was "redoing" it from the original so I searched around and tried to find the original artist but alas, the original artist isn't shown singing it - just talking about worship in general.  I did find a fave singer of mine doing it so I included that on here as well! 

What I like about this song is that in about 4 minutes it gives a brief history of the birth and life of our Savior all within the first minutes of his life.  What his Mother and Father could not understand, what the world could not understand but what he knew and what God knew is that he came to die.  Yes, all of us from the moment we are born are dying but Jesus truly came to die and not just to be like us but he came to die FOR us.  It's hard to grasp, hard to comprehend. 

The song doesn't go beyond the moment of his birth but my mind does!  Jesus was born in the first light and raised back to life 34 years later in the first light because Jesus is the first light - he is the light that leads the way for the world to find their Creator. 

In The First Light (Travis Cottrell)
In The First Light (Todd Agnew)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships