Skip to main content

#MuffinMonday



I'm here today in defense of the muffin. Poor thing. It really gets a bad rap and I say without cause or reason. Here's just a couple of insults the muffin has to put up with.

      






See what I mean? Well I'm here to stick up for the muffin because unless it is overbaked, dry, and tasteless muffins are amazing. And they are NOT ugly.

Does these look ugly to you?

And do these flavor profiles seem uninspired to you?
Click here for 28 inspired muffin recipes

I hope you are seeing my point. And in further defense of the muffin let's discuss the bran one shall we? Bran has a weird reputation. When I was a kid I thought just the word itself sounded like it would taste like nothing. And I do think bran can be tasteless and bland - but just like any ingredient, it depends on what you do with it. People, there are some really good bran muffins out there that deserve our attention. Here's the Sour Cream Bran Muffin recipe from Epicurious, and if it's from Epicurious then you know it's good.

So give the muffin some love and attention today. Your taste buds will thank you for it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships