Skip to main content

June 6, 2015

Yo-Yo Day (additional information)
The History of the Yo-Yo (toy)
I can't get a yo-yo to go up and down even once. Check out this kid!

Yo-Yo Beginner Tricks

A different Yo-Yo

And a Yo Yo almost as famous as the toy



Russian Language Day
Try your tongue at Russian language
A History of the Russian Language












Gardening Exercise Day
From what I can tell gardening is exercise. Squats, pulls, etc. But it requires being out in the sun and sweating AND getting dirty so it's a no for me.  You?

Drawing Day
Pick up a pencil, grab a sketchpad, and draw.  Who cares if you have skills or not?  Drawing can be a form of stress relief and it's always good to stretch your creativity skills.

Name Tag Day
I hate name tags!  :)

Drive-In Movie Day
The History of the Drive-In Movie Theater
Some of my best memories are going to the drive-in. I remember seeing a Muppets movie at the drive-in.  How about you?

In 1933 (June 6) the first drive-in movie theater opened.


National Trails Day
America's Trail System
The American Discovery Trail takes the traveler from one coast to the other, showcasing the heart of America.
For the long-distance hiker here are a list of the longest trails in America
Great American Hikes: The Top 20 Trails in the USA
Going to another country?  Check out these trails!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 281