Skip to main content

February 14, 2015

My youngest is 15 today!
That's right, 15 years ago, which simultaneously feels like yesterday and eons ago, this little redhead made her appearance a couple weeks early and assured herself a spot in our family as our forever Valentine!

Happiest Birthday to my baby, my Valentine, my quirky and fun redhead!  15 years, I cannot believe it!






Valentines Day
SIGH. The link provides enough info on this holiday.
I don't think anyone is unaware of Valentine's Day.
The sacred try to spiritualize it, the secular try to sex it up.
I know, I sound cynical. I can't even apologize for that.  :)

Ferris Wheel Day
The Invention of the Ferris Wheel
Top 10 Ferris Wheels
I personally don't like ferris wheels, I've never understood the popularity of them.  Anytime I have ridden one there has been more stopping and starting than actual ride.  Do you like ferris wheels?

National Organ/Donor Day (additional information)




Become a Donor
Unsure about donating organs for transplant? Don't let misinformation keep you from saving lives.
1 organ donor can save up to 8 lives. Be a life saver.
Should you pass away, why wouldn't you save lives with your tissue, organs, and eyes? You don't need them anymore but someone else can use them.  Be a life saver!


International Book Giving Day
I love this day! I mean, if you know me this doesn't surprise you!  Gifting books to others is awesome.  I love sharing the gift and joy of reading with others.
So gift a person, or two or more, with a book today.

Pet Theft Awareness Day
Protect your pet
Pet theft prevention

World Whale Day
The Basics on Whales
Watch These Humpback Whales Perform A Deadly Song And Dance While Hunting
Whaling Information and Whale Hunting Facts (ugh!)
Types of Whales

Cream Filled Chocolates Day
Delicious Homemade Creme Filled Chocolate Candy Recipe
Easy Candy Creams Recipes
More candy cream recipes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships