Skip to main content

The Preface: 365 Days of Gratitude

HOLY SMOKES!

*We* made it!  Gratitude Attitudes for 365 days.  WHEW. *wipes brow*  That was a toughy.

Here's what you didn't know but I did as I started the Gratitude Attitude 365 - the conclusion of it.  I was very intentional about when I started it so it would end the day before my 40th birthday.  Why? Because I knew how I wanted to celebrate my 40th birthday and a year full of Gratitude Attitudes leading up to it was a perfect way to build up to that milestone birthday.

The past couple of years a lot of my friends have turned 40.  It's so interesting and fun to see how they have chosen to acknowledge and celebrate this particular milestone.  Some have passed the day quietly, others have partied - either planned by them or as a surprise planned by someone else, and I'm guessing some have ignored it all together.

A few YEARS ago I decided how I wanted to spend my 40th birthday. For me personally I only pay attention to my milestone birthdays, the "in between" years I could care less.  Anyway, a few years back I started thinking about my 40th and I decided I wanted to spend my 40th doing Random Acts of Kindness. Kindness comes out of Gratitude. And kindness is paid forward only from a grateful heart, a heart that has received kindness as well.  My year chronicling Gratitude Attitudes was a record of the kindness of God in my life through the things I highlighted every single day and the ones I didn't highlight but made themselves known.

My year recording Gratitude Attitudes was a preface, a very long one, to my 40th birthday and I how I wanted to celebrate it.  I wanted to spend my 40th in gratitude to God for the life he's allowed me to have, for the invitation he's given me to be his hands and feet, and hopefully gifting people with a smile and maybe even a warm fuzzy!  My 40 years of life haven't been and aren't about me, they have been and are about God so I wanted to celebrate that.

40 Random Acts of Kindness.  Let the fun begin!

Read the rest of the story!
The Story
The Epilogue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships