Skip to main content

Day 286: Surprise Family Fun

(For Sunday June 8)

A couple of weeks ago the hub told the redheads and I to keep Sunday June 8 free for a surprise and mysterious family outing.  He refused to even give us hints about what we were doing except that it was outdoors, which if you know me then made me a little nervous/grumpy. :)
So we piled into the car this morning at his stated departure time and he drove us about 15 minutes east of our home.  To the middle of nowhere.  The redheads were speculating, I had a guess or two but we didn't know for sure.  And then he pulled into a Motorsports Speedway (yes out in the middle of nowhere) where he took us kart racing (like go-carts but a little different I guess?)! The girls were SO excited, especially the 14 year old because she could drive all by herself and not have to be with an adult. That made me, the Mama, a little nervous but I guess they are safe enough.  These karts can get up to 70 MPH! So we suited up (for real - driving gloves, riding jackets, and helmets) and did laps on the raceway.  And in the spirit of transparency, and to give you a good laugh for today, I'll tell you how I did - apparently I was slow. It felt fast to me but my family was laughing at me and then the guy overseeing our driving asked me if I had applied my foot to the gas at all! I thought he was joking but when I replied I had used the gas he was like, "Oh, you were going so slow!" What can I say? *grin*
So today I felt grateful for these moments that the hub decides we can spring for family fun that is a little more on the pricey side and I was grateful that he took initiative and planned it.

We didn't take any pics of us - we just had fun but here's a picture of the kart racers on the raceway that we visited yesterday.  And for any of you in my area who are interested in more info about these karts, here's where we went.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships