Skip to main content

Day 154: Mama's Instinct

Today I was grateful for my Mama's instinct. You Mom's know what I'm talking about. That "thing" inside of you that sounds like a warning bell or waves like a red flag and alerts you to something about your child. Well my bell rang and the flag waved about a month ago while watching of all things an infomercial on some shoe inserts.  (Don't ask me why we were watching this infomercial but somehow the hub landed on it while flipping through channels and we just stayed there!)  This infomercial made me take heed to the "thing" in me that said I needed to get my youngest redhead's feet checked.  So I heeded and today we went to the Pediatric Orthopedic Doc.  And I am so grateful we did. I am so grateful for that instinct I had because it turns out she does need so correction and had I not brought her in now and we waited "x" number of years she would have knee pain and probably need knee replacements!  But since I heeded the Mama's instinct all she needs are some arch inserts and some PT that includes roller skating!  She's thrilled and relieved there is no surgery, as am I.  And I am immensely grateful for my Mama's instinct.
Here she is with the paper hospital shorts on, striking the superhero pose.
She loved those shorts and got to keep them so it was a great day all around for her! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships