Skip to main content

The best of life

The best things in life aren't things.  Art Buchwald

Let's all stop for a moment and think.
What truly gives you the most pleasure?  What soothes your soul when it is turbulent?  What brings a smile to your face and heart?  What fills you?
Did you think of an item?  Or did you think of a person?  Or did you think of something to do or that you've done?  I think, without knowing all the answers, that chances are high that most people think of a person or something they have done or will do.  I think chances are high that it isn't a material possession that is the answer to my query.
If I take a moment and look around my home I am grateful for what is in it.  I even really like some of my possessions.  But when it comes right down to it what has soothed me, filled me, or brought me happiness has not been any of those material things that I really like.  It has been a simple cup of tea or coffee and time to be introspective, a chat with a friend who gets my heart, a game night with my hub and redheads, etc.  You see what I'm saying?
At the end of my life I won't be saying that the best thing about my life had been my things, I'll be saying that the best thing about my life had been my relationships.  What will you be saying?  You know it's not too late if material possessions (things) have replaced what is really best in life.  Take a chance, clear out the things in exchange for the best life has to offer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships