Skip to main content

I Cross My Heart

I went to bed last night with this song on repeat in my head so I figured it had to be today's song to end this theme week. :)  I actually haven't heard this song in ages but back in 1992 when it came out I loved it.  I still do.  It might have been playing in my head and heart because of the current "in sickness and in health" part of our marriage that Lanny and I are walking through.  I've been thinking a lot about those wedding vows this week while watching him in ICU.  And this song backs up those wedding vows. 
I love George Strait, Lanny calls him Wilbur Crooked.  Tee hee hee 
George is the essence of country music.  He exudes it before even opening his mouth.  He is everything good and right about country music.  His voice is smooth, his abilities as a musician is amazing, and ladies c'mon - he's pretty sexy.  :) Lanny won't mind me saying that because it is Lanny that I live my life with and sleep with every night! 
I cross my heart and promise to give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true...that is the heart of marriage, setting yourself aside for the sake of another and trusting that you will get taken care of because they are also setting themselves aside for the sake of you!  When a married couple can do that it's a win-win.  God talks about this in his Word.  Philippians 2:1-5 says, "Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus..."  That right there?  Hands down best marriage counsel Lanny and I could give anyone...and we do! :) 

I Cross My Heart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships