Skip to main content

Every Rose Has It's Thorn

This song transports me back to middle school.  Do you remember middle school?  (Can you without having nightmares tonight?  Haha)  I remember one time listening to this song while a bunch of us traveled down to Denver for a New Year's Eve Lock In.  And I remember at the time trying to figure out the angst behind the song.  Little did I know in my little middle school world that love angst isn't contained to just middle school or high school but goes beyond.  I thought as adults everyone got a grip and everything worked out.  Yes.  I was incredibly naive.  It's okay because I've grown up and I have experienced and I understand that every rose does have a thorn.  And I have to say this because I just thought of it.  There were thorns pushed into the head of a man a long time ago and the blood from the punctures rolled down his face and he let it happen for us.  Yes for you and for me.  And they call him the Rose of Sharon.  Indeed every rose has it's thorn but that's part of the beauty of the rose. 
Happy Saturday!  I'm off to bake and cook - both of which I love equally!  I'm so excited to spend the day doing things I love for people I love! 

Every Rose Has It's Thorn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships