Skip to main content

#TimeTravelTuesday



I never cared much for the genre of time travel and all that. And then I was introduced to Outlander. And I loved it, in spite of its time traveling. Now I love it in part because of its time traveling.

I was introduced to Outlander in 1994 because my supervisor at the time knew how much I loved to read and she was reading this series and thought I might like it. She was right! I not only liked it, I LOVED it. It was so well-written, so engaging, so magnificent. I would spend my lunch hours devouring as much of the story as I could. The first book was published in 1991, the most recent novel in the series was published in 2014. All the years I have been reading, and re-reading, the series I had pictures in my head of what the characters looked like, sounded like, what the landscapes were, and Gabaldon was such a vivid author that she brought all of those things to life in the most stunning of ways.

A couple of years ago I heard rumors of Outlander being made into a series. I was excited but oh so hesitant. I didn't want my Outlander ruined and so often when a book is translated to screen the magic of it gets lost. And then I heard that Gabaldon was VERY involved and hope flared up again. Could it be that my Outlander would be just as stunning on screen as on the printed page? As a devoted and avid fan of this series - its story, its characters, its locale - I was and am thrilled that the Outlander put on screen is AMAZING! It follows the books precisely, it has been perfectly cast, it's a joy.

Listen, if you haven't traveled yet with Outlander I highly recommend it. And of course I recommend reading the books first. *grin* But if you can't do the reading then yes, by all means, watch the series that Starz is hosting. It is really incredible.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships